Hypro’s Self-Priming Adaptor provides fast self-priming of closed impeller centrifugal pumps, reducing fill time while protecting the mechanical seal from dry-run. Creates self-priming capability for all standard centrifugal pump models.
How the Self-Priming Adaptor Works To facilitate pump priming
Liquid is circulated through the pump and eye of the impeller. The attached Self Priming Adaptor (SPA) stores an initial amount of liquid for the priming operation. The SPA, when activated with two ball valves, separates the air from the liquid being circulated and releases it back to the atmosphere through the vent line. Only liquid returns back to the pump inlet, thereby eliminating the inlet suction line of air. Once the pump is primed, pump pressure and flow increases. Flow is directed to the tank. The operator then closes the two ball valves, shutting off the circulation path between the pump and SPA.
Features & Benefits
• Creates self-priming capability for all standard centrifugal pump models
• Increases priming efficiency over open impeller transfer pumps and self-priming centrifugal pumps
• Allows the use of a single high efficiency pump for both tank filling and spraying
• Constructed out of 304 stainless steel for corrosion resistance
• Protects the pump’s mechanical seal from dry-run during priming operations for on-board loading
• Guards against unexpected dry-run conditions during spraying application, if system were to function automatically
• Allows centrifugal pumps to be mounted in tightfitting configurations while maintaining priming and flow performance capabilities
• SPA can be mounted in nearby remote location up to 10 feet (3 meters) from pump
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.